Monday, July 7, 2008

WOOHOO!

Another beautiful Monday! Well, not really. It was a bit overcast for most of the day. I'm still excited for the week though. Assuming I can get out of my Wednesday shift, I get to help Mike and Lance move. I may or may not get an iPhone on Friday, I'm still contemplating that one.

A glimmer of hope concerning Shaun and Dakota. Shaun texted me this morning saying that Dakota wasn't sure she "made the right decision" in breaking up with him. Regret is a start, but it's certainly a long way from them reconciling. And even if Dakota wanted to try at having a relationship with Shaun again, I'm not even sure he'd be willing to. They love each other. I can see that with my eyes closed. It's just that a person can only take so much drama before it's not worth it anymore.


I still have to call up Best Buy with my SIN number. Yeah, I'm super lazy, what of it? I also didn't accomplish much on the exercise front today. My back wasn't feeling the greatest today so that limited me to do yogaish moves to get things loosened up a bit. It's amazing how much more flexible one is when they're drunk. Not saying I was randomly drunk today, but I was pretty buzzed on Saturday and I realized that I could touch my palms flat to the ground with no problem. Was the alcohol blocking the pain I would have otherwise been feeling? Oh yes, yes indeed, but it was still nice to know that I have the capacity to be as flexible as I was all the way back in grade nine.

Around 4:30 my dad came home from work and took me for a ride down to His and Her's Auto Body. He had gotten the topper for the old truck painted black to match the new truck. This got me thinking that it would be fun to get my car painted. Then I remembered... I plan to invest as little money as possible into my car. Instead, I settled for a air freshener at Canadian Tire on the drive home.
Just a little bit cheaper than a new paint job.

I got four air fresheners, actually. Vanilla, Wildberry, Strawberry, and Outdoor Breeze ®. Thinking that Outdoor Breeze was the only one with the registered trademark, my logic was that it woud be superior to the other scents. That's the one I'm trying first. Initial impressions: Holy! I'm not sure what an outdoor breeze is supposed to smell like, but this stuff is pretty potent. It's what I would imagine most of Martha Stewart's house to smell like, although the smell is far more overwhelming. I say "most" of Martha Stewart's house because obviously the kitchen would smell like cookies. Or gravy. Or both. That's how my dreams play out anyway...

I played some more Rock Band today. I suck pretty hard at drums, only being able to complete a few songs on Medium. I've finished quite a few on guitar though, so I'm going to ramp up my ego with that and then work my way back to drums some day. Back to cell phone pics again today, this time a setup of my Rock Band stuff. Yeah, the couch is hideous. I'm thinking it's almost twice as old as I am. Not that that's very old or anything...

1 comment:

Mike said...

A) I had that same couch growing up

B) Martha Stewart's house smells like hot baking and fresh strawberries in the kitchen and frosty contempt for her fellow man in the rest of the building. That woman is one mean bitch.