Now that that's off my chest...
I had a lot of fun yesterday. It marked the first time I've ever helped any of my friends move. Most (almost all?) of my friends still live with their parents. The only other time I've helped someone move was last year when I helped one of my mom's coworkers move. That was a tricky affair, with her apartment up some 20-30 stairs.
The most fun thing to move yesterday, by far, was Lance's piano. Moving books up stairs was also fun. I got some free drinks and food out of it too, so it was certainly a day well spent. I moved a decent amount of boxes too!
I called Best Buy today to find out when I work. I'm scheduled for this Sunday, which means that DQ gets shafted. Otherwise, nothing that notable. They have me scheduled for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and I should know by next Wednesday if I work the following Sunday. It's more shifts than I was expecting, particularly for my first week, but I'm still looking forward to it. The Saturday is going to suck though: 8-4:30 at DQ and then 5-10 at Best Buy. I'll try get get out of DQ around 3-4 just so that I have some time to shower and run over to the East end.
This big start with Best Buy will hopefully also have the benefit of getting me up to speed quickly. I want to be able to establish some kind of rhythm and confidence within the first month of working there.
At DQ today, the compliments kept pouring in. I
may have mentioned before that some mall employees refused to go to DQ after I quit. I saw two old regulars, an older couple, today. The woman works in Simon's Jewlery. I had a nice chat with them, explained to them what I'd been up to since quitting DQ, that kind of thing. They said that it was great to have me back, noting that the current staff pales in comparison to the standards that I set years ago.Ego +1!
Today work was pretty boring. I was fairly tired, not sleeping at all Wednesday night, but I wasn't a grumpy bitch or anything. Day staff is poorly managed, as I've said before, and I can only do so much to compensate. I work tomorrow night, which should prove to be pretty lame. I imagine a lot of folk will be out at Craven, though I'm not sure that the Craven crowd and Dairy Queen customers are one and the same. Then work the regular Saturday day shift, and an exciting first Day at Best Buy to follow.
Back on the phone subject--- Yes, my mind tends to wander. PureMobile.ca, the site I ordered from, emailed me a few hours after I submitted my order the other day, saying that the product was no longer in stock and asking how I would like to procede with my order.
I replied, stating that I kind of wanted the phone by the end of the week, hence my paying for express shipping, but said that I was in no urgent hurry to receive the phone. I received a speedy reply saying that my phone would be special-ordered Monday, that I would be refunded the $5 I spent on Express shipping, and that they would send my phone via Priority shipping ($50+ dollar value). That's some pretty good service. Mind you, I would have preferred that the site said the phone was out of stock when I had went to order it, but the way situation has been handled so far is definitely leaning me toward buying from PureMobile again.
I don't have any plans for the weekend yet. Shaun wanted to go out somewhere Friday, but I told him I work Friday night/Saturday morning. He then suggested Saturday night, but I don't think I want to show up tired to my first shift at Best Buy.
EDIT: Forgot pic. Will be random old one I just found searching the hard drive. Testing out her web cam. Don't bother clicking it. It's super blurry and gross.
No comments:
Post a Comment