Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bad news never has good timing.

I got called into work today. On my only day off of the entire week. DQ didn't even need me working, so I was pretty PO'ed working today. I'm not a big fan of working 5 shifts at Best Buy and 3 at Dairy Queen within the span of six days. Don't know if I work Sunday at Best Buy yet. I'm hoping I don't so I can have a day to relax but if I had to guess I would say I'd be working again.

Best Buy is going pretty well though. It's a lot farther of a drive for the same amount of pay, but I enjoy the work a lot. There's a big push to sell Geek Squad services, but I wasn't really trained on them so it's kind of hard to sell them. I sold three or four laptops yesterday, and had a couple hour or longer conversations that I think have set up some good potential sales. I honestly don't care if I sell any product, I just want to inform people as to what all of their options are, having them make the decision that best fits their needs and budget.

I work a night shift at Best Buy tomorrow. Should be interesting, because stock comes in on Thursdays, and I haven't had a shift last till 10:30 yet.

No comments: