When the storm hit today around 5:30 I texted him and called off our supper plans. I didn't want him driving in the windy rainy mess. Hopefully we'll both have another day off soon, because this is the third or fourth raincheck that we've had to put on hanging out.
The storm was pretty gnarly, but didn't last for long. I love standing out in the rain so I had myself a good time outside.
After the storm cleared, I went to The Dark Knight with my dad. Good movie? For sure. I'd give it a
solid 8-8.5/10. The problem with this movie, which I was anticipating, is that it's simply been hyped up too much. My expectations were quite high after Batman Begins, the triumphent return of Batman, but Dark Knight felt like more of an evolution of Begins whereas Begins was a revolutionary comeback for the franchise. Heath Ledger was great as the Joker. Without spoiling much, I felt that Knight suffered a bit from what was blatantly obvious in Spider-Man 3: They simply tried to jam too much crap into one movie. While Knight doesn't suffer from this too much, it's an impression that stuck with me as I left the theatre.I work at Best Buy 11-7 tomorrow. That was officially be my longest shift there so far. The next day I work there 3-10:30. DQ has me for Friday night, Saturday morning, and tentatively for Sunday morning, under the assumption that Best Buy doesn't have me booked for that day once the new schedule comes out tomorrow.
I got a chance to visit my old friend Niki from DQ today. She works at Visions now, so I went over there to catch up a bit. I miss working with Niki. I tried to visit her quite a bit while I worked with Pepsi, but it's harder to come across her now that she doesn't work at DQ.
I should go to bed now. Something tells me the 11-7 tomorrow is going to zap the life out of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment