My first day at Best Buy was today. It went pretty well. I got the opportunity to help some customers and talk them through some purchases. This helped me show off my product knowledge, which is admittedly better than that of my supervisor in the computer department. I got to do some work on the till ringing orders through. I'm not that good at the system yet. It's kind of archaic and there's some memorization involved. All of the customers were nice and patient though, so that was helpful.
I spent some time in the back looking up info on the employee discount. I'll be able to take advantage of it when I'm off probation (3 months). Some vendors also give our employees discounts. Logitech, for example, gives a 50% discount on all of their products (keyboards, mice, other computer peripherals). It's looking like a TV purchase would be a good investment. Judging by the real price that my supervisor showed me on a PC power supply, (Retails for $170, actual cost $50), it looks like I could end up saving a ton. The only catch is that I have to make employee purchases on a credit card in my name. A bit of a problem when I don't have a credit card.
My good friend Breanna Hayes was at Best Buy with her boyfriend at Best Buy, and I was on my break so I got the opportunity to talk with them for a bit. It's always good to see familiar faces. I also saw Nathan Fields, Cory Burkholder, and Luke Huot, people that I haven't seen since high school.
All in all it was a good day at work. I need to get more comfortable ringing orders through and with procedures, but I'm enjoying it so far and everyone I work is fantastic.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good to hear you're enjoying it, pal. nothin worse than a hateful workplace.
Post a Comment