
I just got back from seeing Hancock. It was a pretty decent movie. I'd give it a 7/10, fo sho. One scene seemed to drag on for a brutally long time, but otherwise I have no real complaints. I went with Shaun (who, as of last night, is possibly for sure single now... Maybe), Shaun's buddy Scott, his girlfriend Erin, and her friend, whose name I do not know.
Work was pretty boring. I found out that the part time person with the most experience put in his two week's notice last night. I told the staff, including his girlfriend who works there. He hadn't told her yet that he was quitting, so he was mad at me for telling her. I'm sorry, but when you put in your two week's, it's public knowledge. Don't go complaining to me about confidentiality. If he wanted to keep it a big secret he should have told my boss that before I found out.
Should I have told her? Probably not. Should he have told her before he put in his two week's? I'd say it would have been a good idea. I also find it very naive that he would quit and expect that no one would find out. It's a pretty close-knit group down at the DQ, and news can spread pretty damn fast.
I went back down to work around 8 to attempt to get rid of my Wednesday shift so that I can help Lance move. Hopefully that'll work out for me. I've been telling my boss for a while now that I have to help a friend move, so it's not like I'm pulling an random excuse out of thin air.
Tomorrow will be my first day off after a six-day run at DQ. It was kind of odd working that many days in a row, as usually Pepsi had me working no more than three in a row at times. Last summer with DQ was pretty rough. When my parents sister left for a few weeks and Chryssie went camping, I had little to do but work. I ended up working ten days in a row, taking one off, working another six. My time not working was spent doing all of the house work that would have normally been distributed more evenly.
It was an interesting time though. I had a schedule that I followed. I kept track of all of my hours in a log book, kept track of house work that was done and needed to be done, and even had a workout schedule that I stuck to surprisingly well.
Speaking of working out, I'm hopefully going to do some of that tomorrow. I'm thinking tomorrow will be a leg day. I hope to go for a run assuming it isn't too hot outside when I wake up, and then I'll do some weight training with squats and lunges and all of that fun junk.
With legs, I tend to overdo things. I won't work out for a month or so, then I'll decide to one day and end of doing 5 sets of 20 reps for squats. I don't use a whole lot of weight, but with that many reps and sets I usually find it difficult to walk the next day. Particularly up any stairs. That's the worst.
Until tomorrow, or whenever I decide to post again.
No comments:
Post a Comment