Saturday, July 19, 2008

day ten

Today was my tenth consecutive day of work: 8-2 at DQ and 5-10 at Best Buy. DQ was pretty boring. I got to work with Nikki Daum though, which was a good time. I went to O'Neill with Nikki during grade twelve, and she worked at Northgate DQ a couple years back. She moved to Weyburn and worked at the DQ there, then moved back and has since been working at the Truesdale DQ.

Everyone except for Nikki was pretty useless. Maybe I should be used to that by now.

Best Buy was decent. My supervisor is great, and once I start not sucking I think he's going to like having me as an employee. I also saw my old coworker and friend Megan at Best Buy, along with her boyfriend, who shares his name with me. Seeing them made my night. Megan reminds me of how working at DQ used to be: Bareable. Out of everyone I've worked with, Megan is one of the people I miss most. That's saying a lot because I've worked with some great individuals over the years.

I sold three or four laptops during the Rider game, and one desktop computer.

Tomorrow I work 10-6. It'll probably be uber boring, but it's a slack eight hour shift and I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have Monday and Tuesday off.

Today, a picture of the old DQ crew: From left to right:
Corey Yu, ME!, Tayler, Megan, Cassi (black hat), Jordan (white hat), Jacob, Avree, and Dominic is kneeling int the front.

No comments: