I've realized something about myself in the past week or so. At Dairy Queen I'm a completely different person than the person I am outside of work. Outside I work I'm fairly quiet. I don't say much and most would characterize me as a shy person. At work though, particularly Dairy Queen, I'm entirely different. I'm fairly loud, make lots of jokes, smile, and have a sort of staged exuberance that most find charming. I enjoy my work there. Am I contributing in a meaningful way to society? No, not really. But I enjoy providing good service to people, whether it be fast or not.
I think that I have to tone down my happiness at work a bit. I worked with one girl today for the first time. She's probably worked at Dairy Queen for three months. Anyways, I'm fairly sure
There's something else I want to speak to today. My two friends... Trying to find a pic... OK. So they're having some issues lately. They've been together for almost two years (as long as ex girlfriend Chryssie and I were together). I can understand where he (Shaun) is coming from, because it sounds like the same thing that I was when I broke up with Chryssie. At the same time I can understand where she's coming from. I've gotten to know Dakota fairly well over the past few months. I never really talked with her much in high school, but once she became a girlfriend to one of my best friends I was obviously saw a lot more of her. I hope they can work it out. They make each other really happy and I'd hate for one of my best friends to end up miserable and broken like me. No matter what happens they're both great people, and I'm glad to know both of them.

Today's picture is another one from my phone. It was taken almost a year ago (July 12, 2007) at Izzy McGoo's. My (then) girlfriend and I were celebrating an anniversary of sorts. I was a much happier person back then. On a side note, I ended up eating 3/4 of the burger that night at the restaurant, along with finishing the poutine that came with it. 'Twas a good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment