Today was a busy day. I'm not going to get into specifics but let's just say I had to practice the ability to adapt to change. I taught some WHMIS stuff in the VAP classroom today. Marg was there to observe. If I could change one thing about today it would be that during my lesson I tended to talk to one side of the room. One student was kind of by himself on one side, so I talked a lot to the majority. In hindsight, I should have asked the class to distribute themselves more evenly. I learned that students are incredibly observant. I didn't put any product in my hair and a student asked if I had a haircut since the day before. :)
I'm picking up Info Pro 20 all week next week, doing some spreadsheets. I'm sure I've mentioned that before. I'll do some planning for that tomorrow after work. I work 8-4:30.
I attended the senior boys basketball final, Martin vs. O'Neill. Talk about a conflict of interest! I went with some of the Martin staff and Lauren to hang out at the Owl a bit before the game. I wore my O'Neill graduation sweater to show my Titan spirit. Some of the Martin students weren't too pleased with my choice of wardrobe, but the Martin staff bugged me the most about it. I stuck out like a sore thumb sitting on the Martin side with the staff.
I had the opportunity of seeing a couple of English pre-interns at the game supporting their host school, O'Neill. Not much of O'Neill staff has changed since 2006, so I got to say hi to Ms. Warnecke, my old phys ed. teacher, Mr. Zimmerman, my religious studies teacher, Mr. Chase, my Math teacher, Ms. Treso, and I saw some other familiar faces like Mr. Neumann, Mr. Cozine, and Mr. Chapman.
Martin won by about ten points. O'Neill had the better fans for sure, cheering until the end. Martin had the better though, and that's really all that matters.
I found out about an hour before the game that my great grandmother passed away. I'm going to the Eagles on Tuesday. It seems that things keep piling up each other. Just trying to keep my head above water at the moment, as the saying goes. :)
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment