School @ 8.
My co-op is awesome. He's hilarious most of the time and has a great relationship with many of his students while still maintaining the teacher role. I think I've mentioned this before, but I learn a lot from my conversations with him. He doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to anything.
My high I think I did a pretty good job in English class today. I felt that I was louder, gave better instructions, and handled laptop usage (getting them put away before the end of the period) a lot more smoothly.
My low It would be nice if some kids actually showed up to Info Pro. Out of a class of six, we started out with two people and worked our way up to three. It was mostly a work period, but it's a hassle for Lauren and I to try to catch kids up when they clearly don't care.
What I learned I learned that some students are absolutely phenomenal. Today was the first day I've really seen it first-hand. Two of the girls doing projects for Lauren and I in English are doing an amazing job, and clearly put a lot of work in outside of class. This almost balances out the groups that are barely started after several work periods.
What I would change I was busy during lunch so didn't get to have lunch. The thing I wish I could change today though is that students would actually take school seriously. Most students don't, and it's a big departure from what I was used to a few years ago in high school. The best I can do is try to engage and entertain students while keeping them learning.
Left @5.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment