Sorry for the length of this. I'm doing this via my phone. Right now I'm on my way to Saskatoon for the Eagles concert. Today I taught Infomration Processing 20 and facilitated in Ela 20. My high of the day was one of my students. I gave my IP students, a class of six, my email address so that they could send their completed assignments to me. IP is second period. One girl from the class emailed me her completed assignments from today and yesterday around 1:20. What a keener! I have a couple of very exceptional students in that class. My low of the day was technology related. There's only one computer lab at Martin and having students use computers for english is tricky when none of the laptops work well. I would chnage the way the laptops are so locked up. You need two keys from tey different people to access them. There are also very strict rules concerning them. I've always found that students will act how you expect them to act. If I treat my kids like fellons who are going to steal everything that isn't locked down that's probably how they're going to act.
I'll write more later tomorrow.
EDIT: High-- The canteen is very impressive and their food is great.
Low-- English seemed long a gong show. I should have laid out better guidelines regarding the picking up of laptops.
I learned-- That lessons can flop pretty hard no matter how much you plan.
I would change-- I wish that I was in the class from the start of semester. Setting expectations would be so much easier.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment