My high of the day was English class. I didn't bomb as hard as I thought I would. The assignment went well and it seems like most students had time enough to complete it. My only worry is one of the EAL students, who, from the quick glance I took at her paper when she handed it in, obviously isn't comfortable enough with the English language to grasp the concept of similes in the way that I presented them.
My low was the fact that I'm pretty much done with my afternoon VAP class. We were going to role play some job interviews on Thursday, but I'll probably pick something a bit more fun for them to do on their last day with me.
What I learned Ms. Howlett showed me a few incredibly useful examples of data collection. I plan on utilizing them in internship. She's be very supportive throughout this entire experience.
What I would change If I were to change one thing I would change how I handled Career Ed today. My lesson plan called for a brain break about thirty minutes into the period. I omitted it in an effort to get a larger quantity of information out to the students. I knew immediately after the lesson that it was a poor decision on my part. Live and learn.
I'm not entirely sure what the expectation is for today. Three way conferences are happening from 2-7, so I might sit in on some of those. Tomorrow is a staff meeting, and I'm not sure if I should go to that or just spend the day prepping and corrective for Thursday.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment