
Today, on this beautiful Monday, June 2, 2008, I am starting up a blog. I'm not really sure why. Perhaps in part to kill time that could be better spent doing something more constructive. Will this blog be a complete waste of time? It's a possibility, for sure. I hope that over time I can read this and learn from situations I've encountered. But why make a blog? Why not have a journal? Well... I tend to lose pens and pencils. A lot. I'm also faster at keying than I am at writing. Also, maybe someone out there wants to hear my thoughts, my opinions, and wants to read about the situations I get myself into. Ok, that last reason might be a bit of stretch.
Each post will have a picture accompanying it, ideally. Most pictures will be taken on my phone as I am sitting hear keying the blog post. I'm trying to decide if I want to take a picture of the Pepsi shirt I am currently wearing or the Cherry Blasters I am currently eating... Anyways.
1...2...3... GO!
My weekend was more eventful than they often tend to be. On Friday I worked. I currently work at the Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG). All week I had been helping out a trucker who has recently been having back problems. We go around to businesses and schools and fill vending machines. It's actually a lot more fun than it sounds. After work I went to a bonfire around seven. It was only a block away. A much needed walk.
I worked the next morning, doing my usual job, merchandising. That consists of me driving around town filling the shelves of WalMarts, Suprstores, Co-ops, Extra Foods, Zellers, ect with any stock that is in the back room. Merchandising is pretty hard on my back, and I hope to leave Pepsi soon. Time does fly however. It can take a good hour or two to fill a WalMart or Superstore, and having to drive around the city kills a decent amount of time.
On Saturday night I went to the Pump. I've probably been to the bar five time ever. I'm not counting the Owl of course. The band "Faster Gun" was playing. I remember seeing them year ago in Wascana somewhere. That was probably five or more years ago, when I was fourteen or fifteen. The band was good, just as I remember them being in years past.
Nothing super exciting happened at the bar. Some pool, some drinks, some conversation. There was a fight right at the bar was closing for the night. I had a front row seat. Good stuff. The fight continued outside, though only verbally from what I saw, however quite a few more people were battling with words.
"Do you know who you're messing with? Do you know who I am?", I heard one angry person, who was fist fighting before, say.
Yeah dude, I know who you are. The guy that pretends to be Italian even though he has more than likely lived here his whole life. Oh yeah, and the guy who, as the security guy pulls him off of someone else, attempts to kick the guy, who is on the ground, right in the face.
Can ANYONE pull off the "Do you know who I am?" without sounding like a total arrogant douche? No name comes to mind at the moment.
After the bar my group of friends decided to go to Denny's. Alas, Denny's was closed for some unknown reason, so down to Humpty's. I had never been to Humpty's before. That place is absolutely packed at 3AM with drunk people, some of whom we recognized from the Pump. A clearly-intoxicated patron at the table next to ours seemed to get a kick out of the fact that sausages at Humpty's are called "Bangers." How many times can a person say "I'd like some bangers without the sausage!" before it stops being funny? I'm not sure, but he said it at least a dozen times, and each time he said it, it seemed, was funnier to him than the last time he said it.
I got home by four and caught a few hours of sleep. My parents came home Sunday around 1PM. They had been camping so I helped them unpack and humoured them with my presence as they displayed the pictures they had taken, complete with commentary.
Sunday night around 9 I decided to go for a run. I hadn't really ran since last summer. I ran around Sangster Blvd in Argyle Park. Not that great of a distance, but it's the route I used to run, and I wanted to see how my fitness level has deteriorated over the past year. The run went well. I ran the entire way, though I could tell that I slowed down near the end. My breathing was ok, my legs just weren't quite up to the task yet though.
Today was some more work. Helping out a trucker. We delivered to and filled a bunch of 7-11s, Mac's, Petro Canadas, and... a Turbo or two. 6AM-6:15PM. I went to the bathroom, though no other breaks were to be had. Sometimes I wish I had consumed more for breakfast, and these was one of those days. 741 words already? If only rambling off a paper for EADM was this easy. I'll save that for tomorrow. Congrats if you're still reading.
Gold star for you! [Maybe I should have gone into elementary education :) ]
2 comments:
I totally get a gold star, I read every word. Very enjoyable, I must say.
I look forward to the ice cream. ;)
Nicely done Lance :). Doesn't look like I'll have another day off this week, except for Sunday, which you obviously don't work.
Post a Comment