Thursday, June 19, 2008

Nothing is different but everything's changed


Today my boss called at 7AM. I wasn't supposed to work today. My mom told him that I was in bed, but he insisted that she wake me up and get me on the phone. Nice eh? Anyways, I had a meeting at 11 with my old DQ boss, so I came into work at 11:30. I talked with Al at DQ, and it seems I'll be working there Wed-Fri nights and Saturday and Sunday mornings starting next week. At least I actually know when I work.

On the Best Buy front, I actually got an interview scheduled. Tuesday at 10AM. I'm really excited. Didn't do much else today. Work was pretty uneventful, though one Asian restaurant we delivered to gave us free food. We did the usual calls that this driver tends to get-- Gabbos, the Drink, China Doll, Petro Canada, Brandie's... Pretty easy day. The guy I was helping, Brent, is a really nice guy. Actually, most of the Pepsi drivers are really great. I'll miss them. We've had some great times in the past month and a half.

Not much planned tonight. Might go over to a friend's house. I'm also having a few people over for a movie and drinks tomorrow so I have to grab some eats for that.

Today I'll throw up a picture from DQ. Some good memories were to be had along with the bad ones. The girl with the curly hair is Krystin. She recently quit Dairy Queen. Andrew, the only male in the picture apart from me, left Dairy Queen when he started Engineering at the U of R this fall. Great guy, still see him at school sometimes. The girl with the glasses is my ex-girlfriend, Chryssie. She'll be working at Chatters Salon in Northgate mall after she finishes at beauty school in July. I'll be out of Northgate DQ by that time, God willing.

No comments: