Thursday, December 4, 2008

end of semester, impressions

My last class of the semester is tonight so here's my overall impressions, class by class.

ELNG 300-- Mondays, 6:30-9:15. One of my favourite profs of all time. Really understanding as far as due dates were concerned. I didn't learn a ton from the class but I felt that I got some better work habits out of it and the unit plan, which I'm still working on, is a fun experience, as this is my first look at the English curriculum.

ENGL (318?)-- Tuesdays, 7-9:45. My prof in this class is super nice. Working full time during most of the semester made it difficult to keep up with the readings, but I enjoyed this class overall. It was hard for the prof to stimulate discussion when almost no one read any of the material. My final could be tricky. Have to do some serious reading on the weekend. One note on this class- staying until the very end of class can be downright painful. Soooo boring.

EBUS 300-- Wednesdays, 6:30-9:15 Awesome prof, and I know everyone in the class, so that's a plus. I definitely spent the most time on this class. Made sure I was caught up as far as reading were concerned (which was easy, because there weren't many). Assignments like comparing and contrasting curricula from different provinces really opened my eyes. Missouri's personal finance curriculum is marvelous. Who would have thought?

Macro ECON-- Thursdays, 7-9:45 When I was working full time I decided to put the least amount of effort into this class. In retrospect, probably not the best idea, having received a 59 on the midterm (eeeek). The professor is amazing. I've always found that sessionals are better teachers than PhD-type profs. This goes for my three of the ECON classes I've taken as well as all of my EBUS classes. People that are high school teachers full-time just seem to understand how to connect better with students so that they learn things in a meaningful way.

I should get back to my unit plan. No more procrastinating.

No comments: