Sunday, December 14, 2008
curling and the feud
I worked yesterday from 8-4:30. It was bitterly cold outside, but that didn't hordes of people from heading to Northgate Mall to buy Christmas presents with a healthy side of hot eats and cool treats. 7-9 consisted of curling at the Tartan curling club with some members of the Business Education Student Society. The turnout was incredibly dissapointing-- about eight people or so. That didn't stop us from curling though. I was part of "Team Suck", a team that, despite our believed awesomeness and high spirits, seemed to lose every compeition of the night. I only took three picture during curling, and I forgot to take a group picture during the course of the evening. If I had it would likely be the picture I use in this post.
After curling we went to Andrea and Ashley's house. Had some drinks, played DVD editions of Deal or No Deal and Family Feud, and had a really good time. The first game had some funny one liners, but the feud was pretty hilarious and more engaging than picking random cases.
When I got home I had I a great conversation on MSN. I love getting to know people, and I wish I had more opportunities to do so. In an age where communication is easier than ever, I find that people don't often enough use it to their advantage. "Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth." Words allow people to inform, to relate, to share, to sympathize, and to reason. The world would be a better place if everyone took some time out of often-overcrowed schedules just to talk. Whether it be face-to-face, electronically, or through means like the tried-but-true pen and paper.
The next few days will be exciting. Working 8-4:30 tomorrow won't be so exciting, but an old friend is back in town and I hope to hang with her at least once during the next few weeks. I never really took the opportunity to get to know her during high school, and that is something that I have regretted for a while now. Also, my best friend is coming back Saturday night, so I'm looking forward to seeing him then. Pepsi gave him a call and asked him to work a bit at the Pepsi wearhouse during the holiday. This will certainly lessen the amount of time we will be able to hang out, and I have a terrible feeling that Pepsi will work him to the bone. Money is what makes the world go round though, and I suppose I should pick up at least a few extra shifts over the holiday to help offset some of my holiday gift spending.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment