Christmas shopping has been pretty slack this year. All of the things for my family were purchased about a month ago, with some more stuff on the way that I ordered online. I'm really enjoying online shopping. Shipping/handling is a pain sometimes, but often the deals online are so good that you're still saving a decent amount of money. Not to mention the fact that I don't have to go into stores with rabid shoppers who walk around aimlessly. I'm the guy is either buying electronics and has researched and knows exactly what he wants to buy, or I know what I want to buy in general terms and just need acquire it. The less time I spend shopping the more time I can spend doing something constructive (aka napping)
My day was decent. Work was boring, but I saw tons of people in the mall that I knew. Chet from Zellers stopped by today. I think I've talked about him before. We have a ton of the same interests and he's totally wicked awesome. Yep, that last sentence just happened. He invited me to go check out The Punisher: War Zone @The Galaxy Cinemas with his friend and him. The movie was decent. Lots of blood and violence. I was sleepy during the entire movie, almost nodding off, which didn't really help my level of comprehension.
Chet's life, like my own, hasn't had much exciting happen since we hung out in September. The same questions as before. "What's new? Anythinf exciting happen lately?" With both answer no, admitting that school and work don't really leave room for much excitement, though we're not really the exciting type. "Any special ladies in your life?" "Nope, no time." We both give the same answer, though mine has a bit more depth to it.
The great thing about Chet is that he's a bit of a constant. He's been working at Zellers as long as I've been at DQ. The turnover rate is disgusting in that mall. Chet knows he can do a lot better than Zellers. I know I can do a lot better than Dairy Queen. But we stick to what we're comfortable with, being able to do everything with our eyes closed, as the saying goes, and, at least in my case, with an incredibly long leash.
I went to Zellers today during my shift to buy soap and talk with Chet. I took my sweet time, though admittedly that place was packed. I then went to the office, counted cash, and then helped train a new person. I enjoy that I have the autonomy to do as I please. I feel that I've earned that privlage and I work incredibly hard in return. If anyone on the shift thinks that they're working harder than me I ask them to call me on it. I'll either work harder, or cover for them because they're probably frustrated and need a bit of a sit down.
I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with this. I suppose I just enjoy the familiar, and this is really the only aspect of my life that I have complete control over. As much as I'm bored or Dairt Queen there's something about the routine that I find calming.
Time for some sleep
Mike
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment