Monday, February 2, 2009

so little time, so much to do

I'm sitting in an computer lab in the education building right now. There's tons of memorization to do for my adolescent phychology class, EPS always has work to do, and my business assignments, like the instructional strategy binder, is going to take up a lot of time as well.

I did more than just read textbooks last night. I watched the last half of the SuperBowl, which was actually a pretty exciting game. I'm not sure I've ever watched a SuperBowl before. I also watched The Office afterword. It was an hour long episode as opposed to the regular thirty minute ones, and it was pretty hilarious. There are some really exceptional Office episodes, but I'd be hard pressed to pick a bad one. Kind of like Seinfeld.

Work was shitty on Saturday. Literally. I had to clean the women's washroom twice. I'm not sure what the deal is but some of the female customers at Dairy Queen don't seem to know where to poop.

On the plus side, I saw an ex Dairy Queen employee at WalMart on Friday. I hadn't seen him in about three years. Ironically, he was doing merchandising work for Coke (what I did when I was with Pepsi). We chatted for a while, and he came to visit me at DQ on Saturday. I took my break when we came so we could catch up a bit more. I miss the old DQ crew. We worked hard and played hard. We also had a camaraderie that just isn't present anymore. We would go out and play soccer, or go for supper somewhere, or go to Lazer Quest.

I try not to think too much about how much fun Dairy Queen used to be. It'll just never be that way again, and I know I have to accept that. I try to keep things fun for people when they work with me, but there honestly aren't any that I would want to hang out with outside of work. Perhaps that has something to do with everyone being 16-18, and I'm 20. Perhaps...

The picture that I'll post today is some of the old DQ crew. I'll run through who they are and what they're doing now as well as if I've stayed in contact with them. This picture was taken when I was sixteen.

Back Row, left to right:
Corey Yu: Went to Riffel. Provincial badminton champ. He's at the U of S taking science, 3rd year. He stayed there last summer to work but the summer before he was back in Regina. I invited him to the exhibition and he came down with some of us. Great guy. I have him on MSN but haven't talked with him since summer probably.

Me: I'm at the U of R, 3rd year in Ed.

Tayler LaBelle: My best friend. He started at DQ about six months before me and forced me to work there. He's in 3rd year of Architecture at the U of M. He's currently working as a resident advior within his residence.

Megan Schatz: She's in her fifth year at the U of R, I believe. Last time I checked she was doing the linguistics thing. I try to keep in contact with her through facebook. I miss her a lot and she was a good time at work and outside of it.

Cassi Takarchuk (black cowboy hat): She went to my elementary school from K-3ish. I saw her quite a bit in the summer working with Pepsi because she worked in the Sobey's post office. She's taking classes right now through either SIAST or U of R. Can't remember which. Don't talk with her at all.

Jacob Lemiere: Went to my high school. He's in his last year of pharmacy up at the U of S. I saw him during the summer because he was back in Regina at his old job (flower delivery boy). I don't talk with him much anymore.

Avree.. Not going to try to spell the last name: She was in engineering for a bit at the U of S. Now she's still in Saskatoon working. Haven't talked with her in a while, just the random text or facebook shout out.

Front Row, left to right:

Dominic Dufour (white cowboy hat): He's going to SIAST. In finance, I believe. Merching for Coke, as I said before. He's actually going out with Cassi (girl in the black hat), and they've been going out ever since Dairy Queen, so it's been a while.

Jordan Stromebrg (white hat): She was doing pre-optometry at U of R. Like most (all?) O'Neill grads from my class that went into pre-op, she quickly realized it wasn't for her. I believe she was at the U of R for a year. She's currently finishing up what I believe is her first year at Minot State. Forget what she's taking. I haven't really talked with her in couple years.

No comments: