Monday, February 9, 2009

the wrestler

I'm going to use some more font colours in this post. Colours are fun!


I'm not sure I've ever seen a Mickey Rourke movie. He got a Golden Globe recently for The Wrestler, with many claiming that this role was Rourke's big "resurrection". I watched the film yesterday, and if was actually pretty good. If it wasn't for frequent strip club visits by Rourke's character, I would probably use the film in an educational setting. (**Small spoilers, my little synopsis. Doesn't give away much of the plot) It's the story of a professional wrestler who is fairly old. He has a heart attack after a particularly brutal match. After that he has to reevaluate his priorities. We also see his stripper friend, a character played by Marisa Tomei, simultaneously reevaluate her priorities.

I'd give the movie about an eight out of ten. The ending worked for me, but I could see how the ending would make some people feel less than satisfied.

I should really get some lessons plans done today. I don't have class for another three hours so I hope I can accomplish something.

I just noticed I'm the only male in the computer lab. Six females. Let this be an advertisement for the Faculty of Education. Want to be surrounded by girls? Come here. There's lots.

That's all for now.

No comments: