Wednesday, January 28, 2009

rbea

On February 10 my business education class is going to be hosting a meeting for the Regina Business Educators Association (RBEA). We plan on showcasing a couple pieces of new technology and how they can be used in the classroom. One of my colleagues, Jordan McFarlan, is going to be showing off Nings and how they can be utilized in the classroom. We were also going to show off wikis. Wikis are kind of old, they've been around for about ten years, but have not been used in classrooms as much as they could be. Daniel Benesh, the president of RBEA, emailed my professor saying that many teachers are aware of wikis. I share this viewpoint and think that if my class demonstrated wikis we would almost be able to hear the eyes rolling.

New plan? I'm thinking of presenting on Windows 7. More a features overview/preview than anything else. It'll be something a lot more fresh that I doubt many educators have seen yet. I don't think I'll be able to focus as much on the educational value of it, but I'll highlight it's efficiency with multitasking. Most schools have skipped out on the Windows Vista "upgrade", and I'm hoping that they jump on board with Windows 7 more quickly because it really is what Vista should have been.

No comments: