The meeting at Best Buy last night was pretty decent. I find that it's really nice to get some interaction with the other departments. When we broke off into departmental meetings not much was said. Jimmy Chan, one of the people I work with, was congratulated for getting promoted to senior computer specialist. Apart from that, it sounds like my supervisor, Drew, is going to get his 1A computer tech certification and take over as geek squad supervisor. The geek squad supervisor just put in his two weeks. I found out at the meeting that computers is grossly understaffed. Usually around back to school time we have sixteen computer specialists on staff. Right now we have about eight, though two new people just started, so that brings the total up to about ten.
Andrew, who started as a seasonal worker, has his last shift today. I'm getting him a good bye ice cream cake. I always liked working with Andrew because he always seemed to respect my opinion and think that I was good at my job. Getting hired around the same time means that we got to do a lot of training together. I also feel with him that he's going to move on after Best Buy, a feeling I don't get from many Best Buy workers. Granted, there are two comp specialists in university besides me, but otherwise most seem like they have no other specific career goals. Andrew is just going into grade twelve, and said he'll likely
be back for the Christmas season to work some more. I don't have much planned for today. Work 3-11, then 11-7 tomorrow. I may also go for xrays on Wednesday, after the blood donation. Picture today will be something I find on my hard drive...
From left to right, my grandma (on my mom's side), my mom, and my dad. Not sure when the picture was taken. Probably about twenty-five years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment