The customer said that I was wrong, calling me a liar to my face essentially, although without explicitly saying "liar." After that I was super pissed off. I'm not really sure why. I'm usually content with people wallowing around in their own ignorance. After that conversation I left the laptop department to cool off a bit.
I generally know what I'm talking about when it comes to computers, hence the Best Buy job. While I'm more than willing to accept other viewpoints and admit that I'm not an expert on everything computer related, I find myself extremely annoyed with people who say I'm wrong when I know for a fact that they are. And then I have to dance around and try to say that's they're wrong, without calling them names. Or without saying something sarcastic or rude, which I tend to do quite frequently outside of work.
Tayler called me up around eight, quite stoked that he was able to catch me when I wasn't working. He's got big plans for his Going Away Part III party. So far those plans include starting to consume alcohol around noon. Oh children...
Let's talk about Tayler's weekend. I'm tired of talking solely about my happenings.
Tayler was a bartender at a wedding out of town. It wasn't a planned thing, but Tayler's dad was scheduled to bartend and the other bartender jammed out on them at the last minute. I'm not sure how good a job Tayler did at filling in. By his own admission, he'll probably tell you that the only drink he knows how to make is Rye & Coke. Tayler made $40 in tips for the night though, and was unexpectedly paid $60 the next day for his volunteerism. All $100 of the unanticipated revenue will be going into Tayler's going away party.
Tayler is usually really good at saving money. He's pulling in tons at Pepsi, and he even rides his bycycle to and from work. Quite the feat when sometimes he doesn't leave work until 2am.
Tayler and I talked for a good while. We discussed the possibility of inviting Dakota, Shaun's recent ex, to the going away thing. Both of us agreed that we'd run it by Shaun first because he likely wouldn't be too keen on the idea. Tayler expressed his sadness that he'll be leaving Regina soon. The summer really did pass by quickly. I also mentioned to Tayler that apparently there's going to be a DQ/ex DQ dinner on Saturday night. Tayler's out of town and won't be attending, and I don't plan on going.
I have tons of reasons for not going. Among them:
1) I'll probably be the only current DQ employee there.
2) Chryssie's friend Marvin (also ex-DQ) is organizing it. He can't organize shit, and he'll probably pin it on me to contact everyone.
3) I defintiely wouldn't there if Tayler wasn't there for backup. We tend to have signals for when we want to bail out of boring situations.
4) Chryssie'll be there.
5) If I'm not there most people won't show up (lolz take that Marvin :p ). Not trying to be egotistical, but I'm the DQ constant. The glue that binds various waves of DQ employees together, if you will. I've been around for the hiring and leaving of most of the DQ employees within the last four years. Plus everyone loves me because I'm so darn loveable. I'm perhaps the most loveable asshole you'll ever meet.
My shift at Best Buy tomorrow is stupid. 3:45-8. What the hell is that? Whatever, STAT day I guess. Saskatchewan Day. Pffft. Tuesday is 2-10, as noted in my schedule post. I also know when I work at DQ this week, so I edited my schedule a couple of posts. Not surprisingly, I work at DQ every day I don't work at Best Buy.
My favourite DQ worker got fired (or quit, it was a mutual thing) on the weekend. That's what happens when I don't work for a weekend. The kid, Cyle, has had a bit of an attitude problem as of late. I guess he was only listening to me and wouldn't listen to any of the other supervisors on staff (not like there really are any besides me). While I appreciate that Cyle liked me as a supervisor, perhaps because he knew I didn't find him totally useless, his attitude was starting to get to me as well. He put in minimal effort unless I really pressed him to perform. Now I'm down one decent cook. Probably the best person that Northgate DQ has for kitchen right now.
The terms of the agreement have changed, it seems, and consequently I require more money for the extra services that I'm providing.
937 words. My bad.
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment