Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mike, the geek.


Ever since I started at Best Buy the Geek Squad has taken a liking to me. I generally know my stuff, which cuts down the amount of annoying questions they get asked. When asked if I was interested in Geek Squad, I shrugged my shoulders and said I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Fast forward a few weeks. It seems next week I'll be trading shifts with Kote (pronounced Cody), a geek squad guy. He'll be talking my computer department shifts. Apparently Best Buy wants a Geek Squader in the Computer department so that we can sell more Geek Squad services and have someone more knowledgeable out on the floor selling things. My taking an interest in GS came along at the right time I guess.

For Geek Squad, apparently I need to get my 1A computer tech certification. Maybe they should explain this to me before they start training me next week :p. Anyways, I'm kind of excited about the change. I wish I could have stayed in computers longer. I'm really getting the hang of it and I enjoy it. From the sounds of it, Geek Squad is less hours and more work. And I'll constantly be dealing with the angry customers. Fun stuff.

I am stoked however that my work in computers has been noticeable enough for me to be considered for GS, especially after only a few weeks of work.

Tomorrow and Thursday are DQ days. Anyone who wants to visit me there should do so tomorrow as it's not Miracle Treat Day. Also, anyone who visits may or may not get hooked up with some sweet deals. Tempting, I know. I just want to see some familiar faces.

Later.

No comments: