Wednesday, August 26, 2009

second day of internship


I've made two lessons so far today: my first lesson of the year, and one that I'll bust out when I get into my unit on Labour Law. I've also done a couple of chapters with of vocabulary. It's not terribly hard work but it's quite time-consuming. It seems like a good chunk of those interning at Miller this semester pre-interning at Miller as well. This is kind of odd to me, as I've been told that typically those handling placements try to avoid this.

Whenever I get tired of doing work I head over to the music room to chat with Arek for a bit. Having him about minute's walk away is nice, though obviously I won't have time for idle chitchat one the students arrive tomorrow.

I should probably do some planning for soccer coaching tomorrow. It's been about five years since I've run a practice, and about double that since I've played in any sort of serious capacity.

The department meeting today was fairly interesting. I was in the Humanities metting, which is comprised of the social studies and English. At one point during the meeting I had been laughing so hard and for so long that my face hurt. I'm definitely looking forward to the next meeting.

My coop doesn't have a TAG group, so instead of me sitting around tomorrow doing planning I'll be with a teacher for the grade 9 TAG and will be with another teacher for the grade 12 TAG. I don't mind the absense of planning time. I'd actually prefer to spend my time getting to know some faces, and, hopefully, some names as well.
Went for wings around 7 with Mike and Lance. Best Buy doesn't have the usb drive that I want in stock, so I'll probably be back later tomorrow night. Hopefully there'll be some on the truck.
UPDATE: Lance is an uncle!!! Welcome to the world, Bria Grace Sieben

No comments: