
My first day of internship was today. I'm in the Catholic system, so today started off with a Liturgy. I was there @ 8... Obviously a bit too early. At 8:30 there was to be coffee somewhere. That's what my schedule said, anyway. I didn't see any coffee. Anywhere. After I finished crying about the lack of coffee, I was off to find teachers that I knew. I found my former elementary school teachers, Ms. Davies-Eltom and Ms. Zampese, as well as the teachers that I did my EPS 100 and 200 placements with (at St. Peter, and St Marguerite, respectively). I also said hi to my seventh grade teacher, Mr. Fahlman. This is a guy who has the perfect teaching personality. Outgoing, funny, and just likeable.
I also saw some of my teachers from O'Neill-- Mr. Chase, Ms. Kraemer, Mr. Neumann, Mr. Ripplinger, My. Marin. It was great seeing all of them again, except I felt a strange awkwardness because I'm not a high school student anymore. High school feels like it was just yesterday. After the Liturgy I went to my coop's home for lunch. She had all of the female staff at Martin over for lunch. I felt a little out of place, except now because of my sex rather than my being an intern.
Then, staff meeting! If that was an indication, the staff is going to be a lot of fun to work with. After that staff meeting I went and chatted up the CPT teacher (fingers crossed!), and met with the construction teacher, as well as Arek's coop. I know Arek fairly well from university because he's a business minor, for those that aren't familiar with him.
After school- SOCCER PRACTICE! I'm pretty stoked because last year the Miller boys lost all of their games. There's really no place to go but up, and I'm hoping that I can be a small part of that turnaround. I didn't realize that I was going to have soccer practice today. Black dress pants+ black dress shirt+ tie... Not the best idea for 29-degree weather.
I'm going to try to have a picture for each of my blogs during internship that somehow represents my day. If I'm too lazy to take a picture during the school day, it'll probably end up being a picture of the tie I wore on that particular day. I'm imagining looking at this blog in a few weeks, scrolling through nothing but pictures of ties.
No comments:
Post a Comment