I've been playing around with Posterous some more, and it's definitely a good option for blogging. Would I switch from Blogger to Posterous? Probably not. I'm pretty happy with my setup here. I was going to export this blog to Word Press, but I can't get that working right now. I don't know if it's a Windows 7 issue or not.
Yesterday I had the morning off of work so I went to the school did my internship at. They have an earlybird (7:30AM) CPT (Communication Production Technology) class. A lot of the students were working on Flash animations, though some were working on scripts, and others were working on Photoshop assignments.
CPT is a fantastic class. I find that it really suits my tastes, as I love working with the technology and being creative. I also love the freedom that a lot of CPT classes have. If you have a project idea, often you can just write up a proposal. As long as students are covering curriculum content, pretty much anything is free game.
I'm excited for my collaborative assignment in ECMP. It's made me think about how much fun collaborating in CPT would be. Though CPT lends itself to in-class collaboration, I feel that there should be more collaboration between different schools. One class could make a video, while another class could use the footage to create a movie trailer as part of their course requirements. Another school could work on the music and sound effects for the production, and another team could handle doing promotional posters. Though each part has varying levels difficulty, several schools can come together to achieve a common goal while fulfilling their course requirements.
I'm going to begin searching out topics for my collaborative project next week. The class teacher is going to set up a class blog, so I'll be able to communicate with the students there, as well.
Attached is part one of a video that the SRC at my placement school did. There's three students from my Law class in the video. Generally, videos I've seen at high school pep rallies aren't particularly funny or well-done, but I felt that this one was great. Props to the students for putting in a couple H1N1 references. This video was seen when the H1N1 scare had reached its peak and every class was equipped with hand sanitizer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment