I bought a camcorder today. I've wanted one ever since I took CPT in high school. I haven't used it much yet. The image quality is pretty good in well-lit places but because it's a high-def camera it's not the greatest in low light conditions and tends to have a noisy picture. Best Buy really hooked me up today. The camera was originally $900, and I got it for 250. It was a demo model, barely used. I got a four year warranty on it, as well as a memory card, which gave the person more room to lower the camera's price.
I'm going to attempt to post a video at some point tomorrow. I'll try my hand at recording in HD. Not sure how editing and stuff will go. A sub-30 second clip weighs in at around 70 megabytes, which is pretty hefty. I'll probably end up recording or at least outputting the file at a lower res. Hopefully foregoing 5.1 audio will cut down on the file size as well. I'm sure less than one percent has a 5.1 setup for their computer. :p
HD video test (higher resolution, might take a bit to load)
No comments:
Post a Comment