Thursday, May 7, 2009

Adult Education: Human Resources


I started me spring class on Tuesday. I'm still a bit skeptical as to how I'm going to stay motivated. This is my first online course. So far I've logged on every day and I'm doing readings and other work every day as well. Hopefully that trend will continue. This is my first adult education class, and I'm really enjoying it. I just finished a reading a few minutes ago-- the language reminds me very much of ADM 260- introduction to organizational behaviour. I say this because the language is adult and business focused, in complete contrast with the adolescents and schools I usually find myself learning about.

Adult education is definitely an area that interests me, and as a business ed major I feel as though I would be a more suitable candidate for an adult education position than a person from another subject area. I find it exciting that there's research and experts in adult ed. It's needed, after all- my mom deals with staff training at the hospital on a pretty steady basis.
As I was reading the literature for my class, which gave a run-down of various adult ed program planning models, I thought of my workplace and how, if management wasn't completely useless, these training models could really help improve efficiency. I should sleep for a while.

More school work tomorrow. I work Saturday and Sunday, 10-6. I'm not entirely sure if there's anything planned for Mother's Day yet. My mom isn't a big fan of presents. Usually just spending the evening together as a family is enough for her.
Time for some sleep. When I get to a computer tomorrow I'll update this post with a picture. The pictures have been lacking lately due to the whole "I'm lazy and feel like posting in bed from my Blackberry" phase I'm going through. If I'm really ambitious I might update other Blackberry posts with some kind of relevant picture, but it's doubtful.

No comments: