Friday, November 14, 2008

free... time?


It seems that I now have free time. This is an interesting concept for me. I now have time, in theory, to do my homework. Theoretically. That's pretty neat stuff. I have three lessons plans to hand in, which were due... a long time ago. Those are first on my list of things to do. I'm already done one. Just need to crank out the other two.

This morning I went to breakfast with Breanna, who is generally referred to by me as "Copper". Copper is badass. If there was a single person my age who I'd aspire to be like, it would be her. She's one of the nicest people in the world, is crazy organized, and kicks the hell out of school. Like, straight up crushes that shit. 90+ on midterms. Then there's me, pulling off a 59.5% in macro econ. But I digress...

Copper has loads of interesting stuff to talk about. Psychology is really interesting. I often regret going straight into education. Sure, I'll be out a little bit quicker than people who took their time deciding what they want to do with their lives, but I feel as though I've missed out on a lot of interesting classes that I could have been taking otherwise.

I downloaded a demo of a computer game today. Left 4 Dead. Basically, you play online with three other people, the only survivors (i think), after some kind of viral outbreak. The mission? Stay alive, while fending off shitloads of zombies. It's an incredibly intense game to play, and the cooperative aspect with online play and voice chat really forces teamwork if one wants to stay alive. I've only played through the demo once, which takes maybe half an hour. My team mates were getting a little irritated because I was, admittedly, not very good. Whatever. Not like zombie killing is high on my list of "skills to acquire". I haven't had to kill a real zombie in weeks.

No comments: